A new study has revealed that in humans, the part of the brain that’s responsible for face recognition continues to grow into adulthood. The results are surprising, since brain development is largely thought to involve synaptic pruning, rather than growth.
Jan 6, 2017
Bajaj Auto workers' union threatens hunger strike at Akurdi plant in Pune over 'anti-worker activities'
A ‘next generation’ vaccine for malaria has shown success in its first human trial. The phase 1 study saw a strong immune response in 10 healthy volunteers. The vaccine was created by genetically engineering the malaria parasite to make it weaker. Scientist removed the three genes needed for it to successfully infect and cause disease in humans. None of the participants developed malaria symptoms, and showed a strong protective antibody response.
Jan 5, 2017
- Apple iOS 12: Screen Time, Siri shortcuts and more [How to install on iPhones, iPads, iPod]
- Trump imposes new tariffs on $200 billion worth of Chinese goods
- ISRO's PSLV-C42 launches 2 UK satellites into space making it first ever night launch
- Arjuna Awards 2018: Full list of athletes recommended for prestigious honour
- India's market boom is coming to an end, Goldman Sachs warns
- India delays imposition of higher tariffs on some US goods to November
- Gold prices fall as investors turn to dollar for safety amid US-China trade tensions
- Infosys to pay ex-CFO Rajiv Bansal Rs 12.2 crore after losing arbitration case
- Central govt merges Bank of Baroda, Vijaya Bank and Dena Bank; all you need to know