As many American women prepare to draw attention to their role in the workplace, a Wall Street firm on Tuesday (7 March) put up a statue of a girl in front of Lower Manhattans well-known bronze charging bull, as if to fearlessly stare it down.Placing the diminutive, grade school-aged girl in front of the massive bull on the eve of International Womens Day was a way of calling attention to the lack of gender diversity on corporate boards and the pay gap of women working in financial services, a spokeswoman for State Street Global Advisors said.
Mar 9, 2017
- Mukesh Ambani's firm ditches sibling's RCom in spectrum sale deal
- Salaries and distributor payments put on hold as liquidity crunch looms at LAVA Mobiles
- RBI's Rs 1 trillion bond buyback operations to inject more liquidity into economy
- UK economy to slip to 7th biggest in world in 2019: PwC
- Trouble mounts for Johnson & Johnson as India reacts report of asbestos in its baby powder