The UK government will face a Brexit backlash once the public realises it cannot deliver on its outlandish and utopian promises, Nick Clegg said on 28 March. The former deputy prime minister also rebuked claims from Brexit Secretary David Davis that Britain will enjoy the same benefits outside of the Single Market.
Mar 28, 2017
Sammy K, the stage name of Atlanta-based Jewish rapper Sam Kalnitz, shared a video of himself dressed up in ultra-Orthodox Jewish clothing and asking New York pedestrians if he could rap for them. The video shows Kalnitz blowing away different groups of listeners, many of whom appear shocked at the impressive rhythmic flow emerging from the man dressed like a Hasidic yeshiva boy.
Mar 28, 2017
On 28 March the new high security 12 sided £1 coin is being introduced as legal tender, replacing the round pound that has been in circulation since 21 April 1983. The new coin is claimed to be ‘the most secure coin in the world’ as it boasts anti-counterfeit measures, as the Royal Mint claims one in every 30 coins returned in change are fake.
Mar 27, 2017
- US President Trump extols close ties to India, PM Modi; says trade deals 'moving along'
- US Open champion Naomi Osaka revamps her garage with 2018 Nissan GT-R Nismo
- Who was Stan Lee? Here's all about the creator of Spider-Man, Avengers and X-Men
- About 2,400 Indians, mostly from Punjab, detained in US jail for illegal immigration
- Job market to see 4% spurt in FY2019; IT, retail and health to witness robust hiring
- Skill India reality check: 70% of Indian youth don't have idea about govt's skill development programmes
- Jet Airways to sell 6 Boeing 777 aircraft in a bid to fly out of debt turbulence
- Leading equity strategist supports govt in RBI row; says Modi return in 2019 is best scenario
- RBI tightens oversight of NBFCs, cancels registration of 31 firms