The University of Colorado Boulder study found that mindfulness based cognitive therapy (MBCT) was highly effective in lowering the risk of depression in pregnant women who had a history of the mental condition.Nov 21, 2014
New Delhi, 20 Nov (ANI) : A new study has found that spices and herbs don't just add flavor to your food, but may also help boost your heart's health. The ingredients which are rich in antioxidants may help improve triglyceride concentrations and other blood lipids. Triglyceride levels rise after eating a high-fat meal which can increase the risk of heart disease and if a high-antioxidant spice blend is incorporated into the meal it may reduce triglyceride levels. Herbs and spices such as Cinnamon and Garlic help reducing the cholesterol level and decrease the risk of heart problem.Nov 20, 2014
New Delhi, 19 Nov (ANI): If you can't resist a burger, you are probably in a trouble as a new study has shown that too much of junk food can destroy your memory, especially of young to middle-aged men. Trans fats which are found in foods like high-fat cakes, pastries, chips and fast foods can lead to memory loss. Such foods have different effects on oxidative stress and cell energy and trans fats which have been prooxidant and linked adversely to cell energy might show the opposite effect. Oxidative stress has also been associated with the development of diseases such as heart disease and cancer.Nov 19, 2014
Researchers from the University of California, Davis (UC DAVIS) in US conducted experiments on mice models and found that eating a diet high in walnuts slowed growth of prostate cancer in the animals.Nov 19, 2014
Tomato Idiyappam/ Sevai
String hoppers/ Idiyappam/ Sevai - 1 pack
Onion - 2 medium chopped
Tomato - 3 medium chopped
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Sambar powder/ Red chilli powder - 2 tsp
Asafoetida powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Ghee - 1 tsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Urad Dal - 1 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
A few Curry leaves
1. Cook the String hoppers/ Idiyappam/ Sevai according to the package direction. Here we cooked it in hot water for 5 minutes and strained it.
2. Take a wide pan for a good mixing, add oil and temper ingredients urad dal, cumin seeds and mustard seeds. Once the mustard seeds starts splattering add onions, asafoetida powder and a few curry leaves.
3. Once onion turns golden brown color add tomato, salt, turmeric powder and sambar powder/ red chilli powder. Mix well and cook until mushy.
4. Tomatoes are nicely mashed up now slowly add cooked String hoppers/ Idiyappam/ Sevai and start mixing it.
5. Final touch is add spoon full of ghee and mix it.
Like us on FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/HomeCookingShow
Follow us on TWITTER - https://twitter.com/VentunoCooking
Subscribe to YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/VentunoHomeCooking
A Ventuno Production : http://www.ventunotech.comNov 18, 2014