Science & Health
New Delhi is dealing with serious levels of smog this winter, especially since Diwali celebrations on 30 October. The official data shows that the haze that has covered the Indian capital in the past one week is the worst in nearly 20 years. It has forced the city government to go for several desperate measures, including shutting down schools for three days. It is also considering bringing back the odd-even car rationing scheme in an attempt to bring down the pollution levels.
Nov 8, 2016
Hundreds of snowballs ranging from the size of a tennis ball to over a metre wide appeared on Russian beaches last week (3 November). Excited residents posted videos on social media of the rare phenomenon.
Nov 7, 2016
17 hours ago
- NASA releases new image of Crab Nebula by Chandra, Spitzer and Hubble
- Space radiations are getting more dangerous: Are future astronauts at risk?
- What is transverse myelitis? Woman paralyzed after waking up with sore neck
- NASA's Dawn mission finds Ceres geologically active, more than previously thought
- NOAA explains why geomagnetic storm won't hit Earth on March 18