The government could this week take the unpopular measure of raising gas prices for the first time in three years as it pushes a package of reforms aimed at giving industry a boost, reviving a spluttering economy and boosting LNG imports.
Latest Breaking News
From Politics & Policy
UPA Cabinet Reshuffle: 8 New Faces Inducted as Ministers; 86-Year-Old Sis Ram Ola Gets Labour Ministry
Eight new faces have been inducted into Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's council of ministers on Monday.
Uttarakhand Floods: Death Toll Rises to 60, Thousands Remain Stranded; Army Choppers Begin Rescue Operations
Torrential rains in the past 72 hours along with floods and cloudbursts have added to the woes in Uttarakhand, taking 60 lives and recording over 50 people missing.
The benchmark site lists a Nokia phone with quad-core processor having Adreno 305 graphics engine (most probably a Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 series based chipset) and display resolution of HD 720x1280p. It also shows Windows Phone 8 as its primary operating system.
The hype around Sony's next-generation gaming console - PlayStation 4 (Sony PS4) - and its $399 price tag seem to have helped in its pre-order, as its launch edition has reportedly been sold out.
The global smartphone market has seen the launch of many new mobile platforms including Tizen, Mozilla Firefox OS and Sailfish, with Google's Android OS being the most-popular among them.
The upcoming Nokia EOS smartphone has made its appearance once again, and this time with a metal body design.
Popular online shopping portal Infibeam has listed the mid-range Xperia M with 'Coming Soon' tag on its website with details regarding actual date of availability and price. Some UK online shops have already listed Xperia M on their website with a price tag of £227.
Facebook has sent out press invites for its upcoming 20 June event. The invitations for the event were sent through traditional postal mail instead of using any online medium.
Dhanush's "Mariyaan" is all set to hit the theatres on 27 June, according to latest reports.
'Theeya Velai Seiyanum Kumaru' (TVSK) Box Office Collection: Siddharth-Starrer Opens to Good Start in TN
Siddharth's "Theeya Velai Seiyanum Kumaru (TVSK)" has opened to a good start at the domestic box office.
- Box Office Collection: 'Fukrey' Faces Tough Competition from 'Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani'
- ‘Chennai Express’: Shah Rukh Khan Claims to be a Fantastic Lover at 47
- ‘Raanjhanaa’: Sonam Kapoor, Dhanush Get Thumbs Up From Aamir Khan
- Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone Starrer ‘Chennai Express’ Trailer Goes Viral, Crosses 2 Million on YouTube
- Did Shah Rukh Khan, Gauri Determine Sex of Their Unborn Baby?
Indian electronics major Intex Technologies had launched Aqua-i5 on 10 June. Now, the new smartphone is available online for purchase.
- Apple Received Thousands of User Data Requests from US Government
- Samsung to Produce 7.9-Inch Retina Displays for Apple’s Next iPad Mini: Report
- Sony PS4 Release Date: Gaming Console Releasing on 31 December?
- Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 Pre-Order Opens; Available for ₹30,990
- Samsung to Debut Faster Galaxy S4 with Advanced 4G Connectivity: Report
- HTC One Mini with Official Specs Confirmed
- Asia Pacific
Biggest Protests in 20 Years Sweep Brazil
Mexicans Support Morrison the ‘Cat’ for Mayor Election
- Asia Pacific
After Viber, Saudi Arabia Now Plans to Block WhatsApp: Report
Prince William Has Indian Link, Reveals DNA Test
- Asia Pacific
News Corp's Rupert Murdoch Files for Divorce from Wife Wendi
Protesters in Brazil have been accusing their government of using social funds to pay for the World Cup.
- Brielle Shooting: New Jersey Cops Arrest Suspect In Shore Town Shooting At The Sand Bar
- NSA Chief Denies Agency Employees Can Spy On Americans
At least more than 50 people in northern India are feared dead after their homes were swept awa...
- JD(U) Splits Away from NDA Ahead of Election
- Pakistan Leads World in Homophobia, And in Googling Gay Porn - Reports
The Egyptian currency has lost 8 percent against the dollar in 2013, and the embattled governme...
- G8 Agrees 'Lough Erne Declaration' on Tax Evasion Crackdown
- Rising Housing Costs Drove U.S. Inflation Higher By 0.1% In May, Gasoline Price Flat, Food Costs Drop
Father's Day is over, but children who failed to give their dads a present on Sunday could still catch up.
- Australian Stock Market Report –Afternoon 6/18/13
- Blog Leaks Intel's Detailed Roadmap for 2013, Company Shows Plans after Haswell and Before Haswell-E
Beginning June 25 customers at more than 11,000 of Starbucks' U.S. locations will be able to see details about calories.
- India To Nepal Oil Pipeline Inches Closer To Approval, Project Would Cut Fuel Transport Costs In Half
- Chinese Oil Giant CNPC Finalized Agreement With France's Total SA And Tethys Petroleum To Develop Oil And Gas In Tajikistan
Google Inc said on Tuesday it has asked the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court to allow th...
- Adobe Systems profit beats as Creative Cloud subscriptions grow
- Huawei says has no plans to buy Nokia