Science & Health☰
A curious radio signal picked up by a Russian telescope is probably not a transmission from an extraterrestrial civilisation, but astronomers in California are taking a second look anyway, the SETI Institute said. A group of Russian astronomers last year detected what appeared to be a non-naturally occurring radio signal in the general location of a star system 94 light-years from Earth. SETI astronomers have spent the last two nights using an array of radio telescopes in California to study the suspect star, HD 164595, which has one known planet in orbit.
Aug 31, 2016
Bone by bone, UT Austin paleoanthropologist John Kappelman pieced together the life and death of Lucy, the most famous fossil of a human ancestor. She likely died after suffering injuries from an unimpeded free fall from a tall tree, suggesting the terrestrial species likely foraged or nested in trees.CategoryEducation
Aug 29, 2016
- Fossilized aliens on Mars: Expert stuns with statement on crystal-shaped features discovered on red planet
- Mystery behind the origin of 3,000-year-old 'alien' Paracas skulls revealed by DNA testing
- New gene-editing CRISPR tools can detect and repair Zika, dengue, sickle-cell disease in human genome
- Scientists discover 'aging clock' that can predict when you're likely to die [Exclusive]
- Scientists create new form of light: Will real-life Star Wars lightsabers be a reality?