New Delhi is dealing with serious levels of smog this winter, especially since Diwali celebrations on 30 October. The official data shows that the haze that has covered the Indian capital in the past one week is the worst in nearly 20 years. It has forced the city government to go for several desperate measures, including shutting down schools for three days. It is also considering bringing back the odd-even car rationing scheme in an attempt to bring down the pollution levels.
Nov 8, 2016
Science & Health
Hundreds of snowballs ranging from the size of a tennis ball to over a metre wide appeared on Russian beaches last week (3 November). Excited residents posted videos on social media of the rare phenomenon.
Nov 7, 2016
The Paris Agreement on climate change comes into force on 4 November after more than 190 countries signed a deal to keep global warming below 2˚C. IBTimes UK explains all you need to know about the historic act.
Nov 4, 2016
- Former U.S. Navy Seal who killed Osama bin Laden talks career philosophy on book tour
- What is Cambridge Analytica? Election data firm used by Trump harvested data on 50 million Facebook users
- Who is Yi Gang? US-trained economist appointed as head of Chinas central bank
- CCTV footage appears to show ballot stuffing during Russian election
- Volcanic thunder recorded for the first time ever and it sounds epic
- Man with fused jaw couldn't eat solid food for 38 years
- Watch: Gorilla walks like a human to keep hands clean
- NASA's Dawn mission finds Ceres geologically active, more than previously thought
- NASA releases new image of Crab Nebula by Chandra, Spitzer and Hubble