Science & Health
The MEL Chemistry boxes let you experiment with simple chemical reactions.The sets are meant to excite children about chemistry.Using a pile of sugar and baking soda, children can create a burning sugar snake.Having mixed baking soda (NaHCO3 ) and sugar to a ratio of 4:1, the powder can then be set alight using solid fuel.The snake starts to grow and, in some cases, can get up to 50cm long.
Nov 28, 2016
In 2015, a 225-square-mile iceberg broke off of the Pine Island Glacier in Antarctica, and researchers at The Ohio State University have discovered that the event was no ordinary breakup. The culprit: a deep subsurface rift that cracked through the ice nearly 20 miles inland – a sign that the largest ice reserve in the world may be melting sooner rather than later.
Nov 28, 2016
One Nation leader and right-wing populist Pauline Hanson has been slammed by conservationists for taking media to a healthy section of Queensland’s Great Barrier Reef, while denying the effects of climate change.
Nov 27, 2016
- NASA's Dawn mission finds Ceres geologically active, more than previously thought
- Dravidian language family is about 4,500 years old, finds new study
- Mysterious new purple aurora named Steve by scientists
- Stephen Hawking's last paper to demonstrate test for existence of parallel universes
- Woman hasn't urinated naturally in two years due to a rare condition