India left embarrassed: Renowned medical journal Lancet discusses rising violence in country's health sector
Two violent robbers who were caught thanks to the heroic actions of a 10-year-old boy, have been jailed for a spate of robberies across London. Brothers Eugene and Devlin Williams were imprisoned for a total of 14 years and eight months on 2 May. Amongst the violent incidents committed by the pair was the robbery of a woman at her home. Tania Levenfiche had just arrived home with her ten-year-old son, Didier, when the brothers grabbed her round the neck and snatched her jewellery. Didier witnessed the incident, memorising their faces and activating the house alarm. His actions led to police identifying the brothers and Didier was named Westminster polices hero of 2016.
May 2, 2017
A man was taken off a plane while it was still on the runway at Narita International Airport in Japan on 1 May after getting into a fight. While being taken off the plane, he reportedly shouted, you think I am crazy? What about the government? According to local reports, the man was American and drunk. He got into a fight on the plane and went on to try to choke an employee of All Nippon Airways, it was said. An ANA spokesman said the incident occurred just before the plane was due to depart for Los Angeles.
May 2, 2017
- One road in each UP urban local body will be named after former PM Vajpayee: CM Yogi Adityanath
- We had technological prowess to make Rafale jets in India, says HAL's former MD
- Jet Airways pilot error leads to low cabin pressure; 5 passengers hospitalised for bleeding
- JKBOSE 10th and 12th class date sheet 2018 out: Exams from October
- Telangana (dis)honour killing: Pranay's wife reminisces 'WhatsApp vows' amid battle against caste