Colombias Marxist National Liberation Army (ELN) rebels began official peace talks with the government on 7 February, in a bid to end their part in a five-decade conflict. The ELN is hoping to get an agreement like that negotiated with the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC). The negotiations will cover similar issues such as political participation, disarmament and compensation for victims.
Feb 8, 2017
A large fire destroyed more than 1,000 homes in Tondo, Manila, on the 7 February. The flames started near gate 7 in the Parola Compound and quickly spread to adjoining shanties, according to Senior Superintendent Wilberto Tiu. At least seven people were injured and more than 15,000 shanty town residents lost their homes.
Feb 8, 2017
PM Modi in Ghaziabad: 'Uttar Pradesh can become India's Uttam Pradesh if they choose the right government'
Social activists take law into their hands against murder suspect, corruption accused 'to teach them a lesson'
Assembly and municipal elections 2017: Will Congress-SP and Hardik Patel-Shiv Sena come together against PM Modi?
Tamil Nadu: AIADMK proposes, Sasikala disposes of Panneerselvam; Twitter rebounds with 'paneer' jokes
- Reliance Jio 5G trial begins: Can it repeat 4G success in India?
- Wife says no to Mexican man's World Cup trip, friends take life-size cut-out to Russia
- Poland vs Senegal: Fifa World Cup 2018 live stream, TV listings and predicted line-ups
- Fifa World Cup 2018: Southgate delighted for Kane as England make winning start to campaign
- Barack Obama's satanic image goes viral: Are Illuminati and Antichrist real?
- Tollywood sex racket: 2 top south actresses named in Chicago scandal involving Indian-origin couple
- Who is Modugumudi Kishan? The mastermind behind Tollywood sex racket in Chicago
- Tollywood sex racket gets murkier as 3 actresses questioned, fake letter heads used to invite stars
- Tesla layoff ordeal: Employees were caught off-guard by vague midnight mail