For some this is the sound of progress. The coal mining industry is booming in India where a new mine is opened every month. In their push to compete on the global stage, Asian countries like India are increasingly looking to coal to power their economies and feed their growing energy demands. Officials in Indias coal ministry said despite a push for renewable energy sources, coal will continue to win out.
Nov 21, 2015
- China's 'all-weather road' in Doklam nears completion, increased deployment of army likely
- Arun Jaitley suffering from rare cancer, say multiple media reports
- Kolkata puppies' murder: Why hasn't animal rights activist Maneka Gandhi been more vocal?
- Kumaraswamy govt in Karnataka faces no threat from BJP, assures HD Deve Gowda
- Mountain collapses in Russia: Conspiracy theorists put forward UFO crash possibilities