US President Barack Obama said on Saturday (21 November) the Mali hotel attacks only stiffened the resolve of the United States and its allies, which would be relentless in fighting those targeting its citizens and would allow militants no safe haven. At least one American citizen has been identified among the 19 dead. In a speech at a regional summit in Malaysia, Obama described Fridays (20 November) raid and hostage incident in Mali as another awful reminder of the scourge of terrorism.
Nov 21, 2015
For some this is the sound of progress. The coal mining industry is booming in India where a new mine is opened every month. In their push to compete on the global stage, Asian countries like India are increasingly looking to coal to power their economies and feed their growing energy demands. Officials in Indias coal ministry said despite a push for renewable energy sources, coal will continue to win out.
Nov 21, 2015
- UFO comes out of volcano and hovers in Mexican skies; alien enthusiasts in a frenzy
- Nurse held for sexually assaulting 3 patients in Guwahati cancer hospital
- Kumaraswamy govt in Karnataka faces no threat from BJP, assures HD Deve Gowda
- Indonesian woman scientist eaten up by a crocodile who jumped an 8-foot wall
- Sacked CBI director Alok Verma resigns, says natural justice denied