The number of Islamophobic attacks and incidents in Florida have risen since Donald Trump proposed a temporary ban on Muslims entering the US, according to the Islamic Center of Orlando. Fatima Ait Rami, the outreach director of the centre, said there has been an increase in incidents since Trump made his comments in December 2015. Most recently, a mosque in Fort Pierce, which Pulse nightclub gunman Omar Mateen was thought to have attended, was set on fire in a suspected arson attack.
Sep 20, 2016
Donald Trump Muslim immigration ban proposal adds fuel to the fire of Islamophobic attacks in Florida
A polar bear called Pizza that is currently held in an aquarium in a Chinese shopping mall has been offered safe haven by the Yorkshire Wildlife Park in Doncaster, England. Pizza made headlines back in March 2016 after the video was published by animal rights campaigners Animal Asia.Â Animal Asiaâ€™sÂ petitionÂ to shut down the aquarium has gathered nearly 260,000 signatures as of September 19.
Sep 20, 2016
- Nearly 200 killed, 560 injured as explosions hit Sri Lankan churches and hotels on Easter Sunday
- Sri Lankan govt announces nationwide curfew after 8 explosions on Easter Sunday
- Indian-American doctor charged with healthcare fraud in US
- Nibiru appeared in the sky? Amateur astronomer spots edge of a giant planet next to moon
- Mangaluru City Police readies 1,500 boxes with daily essentials for cops on election duty