Riot police forcibly broke up a rally of hundreds of women gathering in Istanbul to mark International Womens Day on 6 March. The women mounted their demonstration two days before the official Womens Day on 8 March despite a ban by the governor of Istanbul. Throngs of fleeing women could be seen running away from a police with shields firing rubber bullets into the crowd. Istanbuls governor had enacted the ban on demonstrations citing security concerns.
Mar 7, 2016
South Korea, US begin military drill focused on 'striking' Kim Jong-un after North Korea's nuclear war threat
- One road in each UP urban local body will be named after former PM Vajpayee: CM Yogi Adityanath
- Telangana (dis)honour killing: Pranay's wife reminisces 'WhatsApp vows' amid battle against caste
- Jet Airways flight returns to Mumbai with 30 passengers bleeding due to low cabin pressure
- We had technological prowess to make Rafale jets in India, says HAL's former MD
- Quick Response: High Court calls Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan's bluff on salary challenge