At least four people were killed in Taiwan on 27 September as Typhoon Megi made landfall in the country, bringing fierce downpours and winds of up to 100mph (160kph). Hundreds were also injured as trees were knocked down and power supplies cut off.
Sep 27, 2016
Merlin Attractions Operations Ltd have been fined Â£5m ($6.4m) after pleading guilty to breaching health and safety standards which resulted in the Smiler roller coaster crash that injured 16 people. The owners of the Alton Towers theme park admitted that failings caused by them led to the crash on 2 June 2015 that left two teenagers needing leg amputations.
Sep 27, 2016
Alton Towers owners fined Â£5 million for failing to protect their customers in horror roller coaster crash
Nawaz Sharif's security team hauls a woman for taking his picture while shopping at London's posh store
7 hours ago
- Aliens lived on Mars? UFO researcher spots fossil-like structure on NASA image
- Aliens or Illuminati? Conspiracy theorists allege outlandish causes behind California fire
- Legislation introduced in US Congress to protect work authorisation of H-1B spouses
- Cyclone Gaja LIVE updates: Rescue personnel on standby as storm set to reach TN coast by evening
- Sabarimala impact and BJP: Will Kerala vote the way it watches TV news?