White House communications director Mike Dubke will leave his position but no date has been set for his departure, it was reported Tuesday. The veteran Republican strategist reportedly handed in his resignation over a week ago on 18 May, just before President Donald Trumps first official trip abroad. However, he offered to stay on through it, which Trump accepted, Axios reported.
May 31, 2017
Pentagon on Tuesday (30 May) said it successfully staged its first-ever missile defence test, intercepting and destroying an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM). The $244m test comes amid the increasing threats from North Korea. A ground-based interceptor, launched from a California airbase, shot down a mock ICBM warhead over the Pacific Ocean, said the Missile Defense Agency (MDA). The mock threat was launched from the Ronald Reagan Ballistic Missile Defense Test Site in the Marshall Islands. The Ground-based Midcourse Defense program (GMD) has so far cost about $40bn in the past 15 years and often been criticised for its expensive nature. Interestingly, of the nine intercept attempts, only four have been successful in the past since the GMD was declared combat-ready in 2004.
May 31, 2017
Blast at Kabul diplomatic quarter: As long as Pak plays double standard, peace in Afghanistan will only be a mirage
- Two couples welcome Corona Kumar and Corona Kumari as India reels under coronavirus pandemic
- 800 people attend shradh ceremony in MP; 12 test positive for coronavirus, 800 others quarantined
- Pakistan gets Chinese underwear as N95 masks
- Govt in Kashmir wages unpopular war against poplar trees, blames coronavirus
- Centre considering extension of coronavirus lockdown after requests from state govts, experts