Zimbabwe and Malawi have started using South African drones to combat poaching. As part of the Air Shepherd program, Drone Solutions is providing drones to national parks that use live infrared footage to track poachers and help guide ground teams. Elephants and rhinos are hunted for their ivory and horns and can have their tusks hacked off while they are still alive or are simply killed for them. Elephant populations fell at least 30% between 2007 and 2014, whilst around 1,000 rhinos are killed each year to supply demand for rhino horn.
Oct 18, 2016
Congress calls Parrikar 'national embarrassment' after minister credits 'RSS teachings' for surgical strikes
Morning brief: Parrikar gives RSS credit for surgical strikes, Iraqi Army pushes back Isis in Mosul, AirAsia bans Samsung Galaxy Note 7 and more
- Mountain collapses in Russia: Conspiracy theorists put forward UFO crash possibilities
- Theresa May suffers severe defeat over Brexit deal, opposition calls no-confidence vote
- Paris explosion: Casualties feared after huge blast at bakery
- Michel extradited in exchange for Princess Latifa, did India-UAE have a swap deal?
- Indonesian woman scientist eaten up by a crocodile who jumped an 8-foot wall