A riot involving around 200 prisoners broke out at Bedford prison after an alleged dispute between an inmate and a guard. Prisoners armed themselves with makeshift weapons and stormed a prison wing, according to local reports, and officers had to fire stun grenades to end the six-hour protest on 6 November. Richard Fuller, MP for Bedford and Kempston, will put an “urgent question” to justice secretary Liz Truss in parliament on Monday, local media reported.
Nov 7, 2016
- Did Nostradamus predict World War 3, Narendra Modi's return in 2019?
- Upcoming Blood Moon in January could mark beginning of apocalypse, claims Christian pastor
- Devastating earthquake could jolt the planet this weekend, researcher warns authorities
- Mysterious UFO spotted near SpaceX dragon before interruption in live feed
- How did Sachin Pilot and Sara Abdullah meet? A love story that goes beyond religion and politics