At least four people were killed in Taiwan on 27 September as Typhoon Megi made landfall in the country, bringing fierce downpours and winds of up to 100mph (160kph). Hundreds were also injured as trees were knocked down and power supplies cut off.
Sep 27, 2016
Merlin Attractions Operations Ltd have been fined Â£5m ($6.4m) after pleading guilty to breaching health and safety standards which resulted in the Smiler roller coaster crash that injured 16 people. The owners of the Alton Towers theme park admitted that failings caused by them led to the crash on 2 June 2015 that left two teenagers needing leg amputations.
Sep 27, 2016
Alton Towers owners fined Â£5 million for failing to protect their customers in horror roller coaster crash
Nawaz Sharif's security team hauls a woman for taking his picture while shopping at London's posh store
20 hours ago
- Trump imposes new tariffs on $200 billion worth of Chinese goods
- ISRO's PSLV-C42 launches 2 UK satellites into space making it first ever night launch
- Arjuna Awards 2018: Full list of athletes recommended for prestigious honour
- Quick Response: High Court calls Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan's bluff on salary challenge
- Air India pilot averts major disaster; lands plane with 370 people despite multiple system failure, low fuel
- Sheena Bora case: Indrani and Peter Mukerjea file for divorce after 16 years of marriage
- 16-year-old gang-raped by classmates in Dehradun boarding school; probe underway
- After 19-year-old girl, another Rewari woman gang-raped in Jind
- India, US closing in on package deal to remove trade irritants