Female giant panda Basi, aged 37, succeeded Jia Jia who died in October last year aged 38.
Jan 18, 2017
Jallikattu is not bullfighting! Here are five differences between Tamil Nadu's bull-taming sport and Spanish bullfighting
Jallikattu Ban: Tamil Nadu CM Panneerselvam to meet PM Modi urging ordinance on bull-taming sport; requests youth to give up protest
One of about a dozen women who previously accused President-elect Donald Trump of making unwanted sexual advances, filed a lawsuit against him in New York on 17 January. Summer Zervos alleges that Trump made false and defamatory statements about her in rejecting the accusation, causing her emotional and economic harm. The one-time contestant on Trumps reality television show The Apprentice is focused on a stream of denials Trump aimed at her and other women accusers last October, just weeks before the 8 November presidential election, when Zervos and others accused him of making unwanted sexual advances. The lawsuit says Trump kissed Zervos without her consent at his office in New York in December 2007, and later at a hotel in Beverly Hills, California, kissed her, touched her breast and tried to get her to lie on a bed during a meeting about a possible job.
Jan 18, 2017
Govind Ranade 175th birth anniversary: 5 of the best quotes from this patient optimist, and social reformer
- India vs Australia 2nd Test: Team news, probable playing XI and pitch conditions
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai explains why searching 'idiot' turns up Donald Trump's images
- From luxury yachts to fancy watches, Vijay Mallya no longer owns fabled assets
- Rajasthan Assembly election: Congress set to form govt with majority, says Sachin Pilot
- Kashmiri militant Saqib Bilal, neutralised during Mujgund encounter, acted in Haider
- Alien relic or secret government program? Strange structure spotted near Area 51 in Google Earth sparks debate
- Chhattisgarh CM: Here are the front-runners as Congress chooses next leader (VIDEO)
- How did Sachin Pilot and Sara Abdullah meet? A love story that goes beyond religion and politics
- Thousands of women from Myanmar, Laos, Vietnam trafficked and sold as brides in China