Bangalore Traffic Police temporarily suspend spot fine collection for violations; after Rs 500 and Rs 1000 ban
Morning brief: ISIS claims responsibility for Pakistan blast, Jayalalithaa to be discharged soon, CBI, RAW to get new chiefs and more
Happy Children's Day 2016: Best quotes, wishes, messages, greetings to be shared on Nehru's 127th birth anniversary
The Vietnam authorities have destroyed 2,177.5 kg of elephant ivory and 70.1 kg of rhinoceros horns. It is the first time it has taken such action, intended to demonstrate its commitment to wildlife protection.Vietnam is one of the largest consumer markets for rhino horn and a key transit point for smugglers transporting ivory to China.Around 330 African elephants and 23 rhinos were killed to make the destroyed haul, which has an estimated black market value of more than $7 million.
Nov 12, 2016
Hundreds of thousands of Koreans attended a protest against President Park Geun-hye in Seoul. The organisers, the Korean Confederation of Trade Unions, claimed 550,000 people were there, although police estimated the protesters numbers at 250,000. President Park has been accused of allowing a close friend, Choi Soon-Sil, to influence state affairs. The friend is currently under arrest and the subject of an official investigation.
Nov 12, 2016
Evening wrap: Jayalalithaa fit to be discharged, Akhilesh allays salt fears, TV actress Sabarna Anand commits suicide and more
2 hours ago
- Cybersecurity alert: Google, Microsoft, Intel detect Spectre-like security flaw in CPUs
- OnePlus won't 'use' the amazing Dash Charge in future phones – that's okay
- NYPD Probes Renowned Chef Mario Batali For Sexual Misconduct
- Who is Sarah Rose Summers? Miss USA Winner Is the First Contestant from Nebraska to Win Crown
- Sridevi's death: Dawood Ibrahim may have a hand in it, says retired ACP of Delhi Police
- Who is Radhika Kumaraswamy? Lesser known facts about wife of Karnataka's new chief minister
- Indian Minister Rajyavardhan Rathore sets fitness goals, challenges Hrithik, Kohli and Nehwal
- Gujarat official '10th avatar of Vishnu,' can't work as he is trying to 'change global conscience'
- BJP leader Lal Singh's brother booked for hurling 'derogatory' remarks at J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti