Britains biggest and most important possession, India was viewed as the jewel in the crown of the Empire. In the 1930s and 40s, the Indian independence movement picked up steam under the leadership of Mahatma Gandhi and other revolutionary leaders and by 1947, the country was given its independence. 50 years later, Hong Kong was handed back to China, and so came the symbolic end of the British Empire.
Jul 1, 2017
Azam Khan booked for sedition over Indian Army remarks; VHP leader announces Rs 50 lakh reward for his tongue
The ongoing tension between India and China at the Sikkim border is rising. Both armies have deployed around 3,000 troops each in a virtual confrontation. Will this standoff lead to another India-China war?
Jul 1, 2017
Bangalore liquor ban: Dry days ahead as pubs in Central Business District bid farewell to liquor licenses
Detectives in Hackney have released CCTV footage of a man wanted for committing a violent robbery on an elderly woman in broad daylight on June 27. The man made several attempts to grab her bag; he used such force that she was pulled to the ground. The victim, who was screaming, refused to let go of her bag, so the suspect dragged her until she was in so much pain that she eventually let go. The victim, who recently lost her husband of nearly 70 years, is currently being supported by her family, including her niece who described how she is incredibly distraught, nervous and does not wish to be named out of fear.
Jun 30, 2017
- Nearly 200 killed, 560 injured as explosions hit Sri Lankan churches and hotels on Easter Sunday
- Sri Lankan govt announces nationwide curfew after 8 explosions on Easter Sunday
- Indian-American doctor charged with healthcare fraud in US
- Nibiru appeared in the sky? Amateur astronomer spots edge of a giant planet next to moon
- Mangaluru City Police readies 1,500 boxes with daily essentials for cops on election duty