US President Donald Trump ordered a missile strike against an Assad regime airbase in Homs in Syria on Thursday night (6 April) in response to the horrific chemical attack against civilians in the rebel-held town of Khan Sheikhoun. Speaking at the Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida, where the president is attending a two-day summit with his Chinese counterpart, Xi Jinping, Trump said it was in the vital national security interest of the United States to prevent and deter the spread and use of deadly chemical weapons.
Apr 7, 2017
US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said on Thursday (6 April) that Russia had failed to deliver on a commitment to secure chemical weapons in Syria. He accused Syrian President Bashar al-Assad of perpetuating a chemical weapons attack that killed more than 70 civilians in Syria. He urged Russia to reconsider its support for the regime. In a strongly worded rebuke, Tillerson said the country had either been complicit or simply incompetent in its failure to keep to the 2013 commitment brokered under the Obama administration after a chemical attack.
Apr 7, 2017
Youssef Abdel Hamid, a resident of Khan Sheikhoun, Syria, lost more than 20 members of his extended family in the 4 April chemical attack, including his wife Dalal and their two infant children Aya and Ahmed.The use of a chemical agent was confirmed on 6 April by Turkish autopsies of the bodies.
Apr 6, 2017
Real-life 'Mowgli', who eats and walks like animals, found in Uttar Pradesh's Bahraich district [VIDEO]
- Senior Flipkart executives in job hunt overdrive after Binny Bansal's exit
- North Korea 'tests high-tech new weapon,' Kim Jong Un 'excited' about its power
- Taylor Swift travels inside suitcases carried by her security team, says Zayn Malik
- NASA opens up on Oumuamua, conspiracy theorists insist on alien technology angle
- Afterlife proof or visual hallucinations? Woman claims to have seen magical woods during NDE
- Sabarimala impact and BJP: Will Kerala vote the way it watches TV news?
- Cyclone Gaja LIVE updates: Rescue personnel on standby as storm set to reach TN coast by evening
- US President Trump extols close ties to India, PM Modi; says trade deals 'moving along'
- Union minister Ananth Kumar passes away at 59; PM Modi, President Kovind offer condolences