Local residents booed and jeered as Prime Minister Theresa May was driven out of the Hungerford Community Centre and Social Club in Bristol on 2 May. A small election campaign was being held at the centre, but according to local resident Geraint Evans, who shot the video, residents were not aware of the event and only selected people were allowed to attend.
May 3, 2017
India summons Pak HC Abdul Basit over mutilation of 2 soldiers, demands strong action against those responsible
India left embarrassed: Renowned medical journal Lancet discusses rising violence in country's health sector
Two violent robbers who were caught thanks to the heroic actions of a 10-year-old boy, have been jailed for a spate of robberies across London. Brothers Eugene and Devlin Williams were imprisoned for a total of 14 years and eight months on 2 May. Amongst the violent incidents committed by the pair was the robbery of a woman at her home. Tania Levenfiche had just arrived home with her ten-year-old son, Didier, when the brothers grabbed her round the neck and snatched her jewellery. Didier witnessed the incident, memorising their faces and activating the house alarm. His actions led to police identifying the brothers and Didier was named Westminster polices hero of 2016.
May 2, 2017
A man was taken off a plane while it was still on the runway at Narita International Airport in Japan on 1 May after getting into a fight. While being taken off the plane, he reportedly shouted, you think I am crazy? What about the government? According to local reports, the man was American and drunk. He got into a fight on the plane and went on to try to choke an employee of All Nippon Airways, it was said. An ANA spokesman said the incident occurred just before the plane was due to depart for Los Angeles.
May 2, 2017
- Rajasthan Assembly election: Congress set to form govt with majority, says Sachin Pilot
- India vs Australia: Twitter mocks Ravi Shastri for controversial b**ls statement on national television
- Nissan Kicks SUV: Interior, engine specifications and bookings details revealed
- Chhattisgarh landslide: How did BJP lose their seat of power after three straight terms?
- Grand Alliance has a leader and PM candidate now, and that's Rahul Gandhi
- Thousands of women from Myanmar, Laos, Vietnam trafficked and sold as brides in China
- Real UFO or manipulated hoax? Pink doughnut-shaped flying object spotted in the skies of Ireland
- Afterlife mystery: NDE victim claims to have seen light 10,000 times brighter than sun
- MP Assembly election LIVE updates: Tried to put up our best fight, says outgoing CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan