Around 200 people demonstrated outside 10 Downing Street on 13 December, calling on the UK government to do more to help the people of Aleppo, Syria. Forces loyal to President Bashar al-Assad say they have control of 98% of the city, and the Russian ambassador to the United Nations (UN), Vitaly Churkin said that military action in the area has ceased. Concern remains, however, for the tens of thousands still trapped in besieged areas of Aleppo, with the UN reporting that pro-government forces had been summarily killing civilians.
Dec 14, 2016
- Oprah Winfrey is the first black woman to feature on Bloomberg 500
- Fifa World Cup 2018: Hosts Russia prove doubters wrong with another dominant win
- World Cup for the underdogs: Twitter reacts as Japan stun Colombia to clinch historic win in Russia
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9: China, South Korea-exclusive variant will leave others envious
- Did aliens visit Russia in 1995? UFO video broadcast by Russian TV channel claims so
- Top five UFO sightings which could prove alien existence (VIDEO)
- Barack Obama's satanic image goes viral: Are Illuminati and Antichrist real?
- Tollywood sex racket: 2 top south actresses named in Chicago scandal involving Indian-origin couple
- US Immigration Crackdown: Isolation and no legal aid, 52 detained Indians speak of plight in Oregon federal prison