The South Korean parliament voted to impeach President Park Geun-hye on 9 December over a corruption scandal. 234 lawmakers of the 300-strong National Assembly voted to suspend Park’s powers, and Prime Minister Hwang Kyo-anh will become acting President. South Korea’s Constitutional Court will decide whether to carry the motion, but if it does, Park would become South Korea’s first democratically elected leader to be removed from office.
Dec 9, 2016
Demonetisation [VIDEO]: Opposition's desperation shows as Rahul Gandhi warns of earthquake if he speaks in Parliament
International Anti-Corruption Day 2016: Theme, 15 best quotes by famous personalities on corruption and bribery
John Glenn, former astronaut and US senator, died on 8 December in Ohio. He was 95. The ex-Marine was admitted at a hospital for over a week. He is survived by his children and wife. Glenn was hailed as an American hero and a symbol of the space age when he became the first American to orbit Earth in 1962. He was the last survivor of the original Mercury 7 astronauts.
Dec 9, 2016
- 2018 Toyota Yaris gets a head start; bookings cross 5,000 and waiting period soars
- Nokia X6 Twitter poll results out: Android phone confirmed to release in global markets
- IPL 2018 playoffs: MS Dhoni talks about prospects of CSK winning third title
- “Shame on You, Jared Kushner”: Former Classmates Slam Trump’s Son-In-Law and Advisor
- Sridevi's death: Dawood Ibrahim may have a hand in it, says retired ACP of Delhi Police
- Sridevi's death a planned murder, says retired ACP of Delhi Police
- Mid-air horror! NRI man masturbates at Indian woman, arrested on landing in Delhi
- Domestic help killed in Delhi for demanding salary, chopped up body found in drain
- India-China ties on the radar again as Beijing begins mining operations near Arunachal Pradesh border