An earthquake with a magnitude of 6.3 was detected in a North Korean province. The artificial quake was caused by North Koreas sixth nuclear test. The hermit kingdom confirmed it successfully tested a hydrogen bomb. Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe contemned North Korea for continuing its nuclear program. The country has conducted five nuclear detonations in the past, two of them in 2016. The current blast was up to 6 times stronger than the last nuclear test.
Sep 3, 2017
The search for 9-year-old Maëlys de Araujo continues in the French Alps. Maëlys went missing during a wedding in the early hours of 27 August. She was last seen at the car park of the wedding venue around 3 am. Two men were arrested in connection with her disappearance but were released again without charge. Hundreds of volunteers gathered to help authorities with the search.
Sep 2, 2017
A nurse at the University Hospital in Salt Lake City, Utah has accused a police detective of assaulting and illegally arresting her after she followed a hospital policy that does not allow authorities to draw blood from unconscious patients. The incident, which happened on 26 July, got recorded through the bodycam of detective Jeff Payne and the CCTV installed in the hospital. Salt Lake police Sergeant Brandon Shearer has responded on the incident and said an internal investigation is now underway.
Sep 2, 2017
- Jharkhand: 6 dead, 43 injured as bus skids off road, falls into gorge
- PNB scam: India to finally get Mehul Choksi back? Antigua revokes citizenship
- Cochin shopping mall on high alert as ISIS plans deadly attack in India: Intel inputs
- 'Missing' Union minister Ram Vilas Paswan: Bihar villagers announce Rs 15,000 reward for info
- Will cut those who ask questions: PMK chief threatens journalists in Chennai