Science & Health
New Delhi, 20 Nov (ANI) : A new study has found that spices and herbs don't just add flavor to your food, but may also help boost your heart's health. The ingredients which are rich in antioxidants may help improve triglyceride concentrations and other blood lipids. Triglyceride levels rise after eating a high-fat meal which can increase the risk of heart disease and if a high-antioxidant spice blend is incorporated into the meal it may reduce triglyceride levels. Herbs and spices such as Cinnamon and Garlic help reducing the cholesterol level and decrease the risk of heart problem.
Nov 20, 2014
New Delhi, 19 Nov (ANI): If you can't resist a burger, you are probably in a trouble as a new study has shown that too much of junk food can destroy your memory, especially of young to middle-aged men. Trans fats which are found in foods like high-fat cakes, pastries, chips and fast foods can lead to memory loss. Such foods have different effects on oxidative stress and cell energy and trans fats which have been prooxidant and linked adversely to cell energy might show the opposite effect. Oxidative stress has also been associated with the development of diseases such as heart disease and cancer.
Nov 19, 2014
Comet Landing to Help Understand Origin of Life: Philae Lander Sniffs Building Blocks of Life on Comet 67P
- Hormone-eating macrophages behind high blood pressure, finds new study
- Bernard b, nearest exoplanet found; Alien life possible there, say Spanish astrophysicists
- China's Chang'e-4 sprouts cotton plant on Moon, and now its dead
- Khardung La avalanche: 4 killed, 7 trapped under snow in Ladakh
- Existence of alien life is something we can never cover up, says NASA official