Science & Health
Chana dal - 1 cup
Salt to taste
A litttle Water (If required)
Oil for frying
Oil - 1 tbsp
Onion - 3 chopped
Green chilli - 2 thinly sliced
Fennel seeds- 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon stick, Cloves,
Bay leaf & Cardamom
Garlic - 6 to 7 cloves chopped
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Sambar powder - 2 tsp
Salt to taste
A few Chopped Coriander leaves
A few Curry leaves
1. Soak the Channa dal for 3 hours & drain the water.
2. In a mixer jar add soaked channa dal, salt, a little water & grind into a coarse mixture.
3. Flatten coarse mixture & deep fry it & keep aside.
4. Next step is making the curry, In a deep pan add oil, cinnamon stick, cloves, bay leaf, cardamom, fennel seeds, onion, green chilli, garlic, curry leaves & saute it for a few minutes.
5. Add turmeric powder, sambar powder, salt & mix it.
6. Now its time to add fried vada by breaking it. Pour enough water & cook it for about 15 to 20 minutes in a medium flame.
7. Boil until the vadas gets soft and gets absorbed well in the gravy. Stir in such a way to mash it if needed to get a thick curry. Garnish with coriander leaves and curry leaves.
8. If you like a gravy consistency don't reduce it too much you can turn off the stove in that point. The healthier option is steamed the vada inst
Dec 11, 2014
- Earthquake of 6.1 magnitude jolts Arunachal, strong quakes rock Nepal
- What is ahimsa meat? Scientists create fat-free, boneless meat from stem cells in Hyderabad
- Bengaluru private hospitals to discontinue cashless insurance scheme
- Newly found hobbit-like mystery species lived beside, mated with humans: Report