Science & Health
New Delhi, Jan 05 (ANI): A new study has found that men are better at dieting than women, as men lose weight faster and find it easier to keep off. According to a study, a large percentage of men declare that dieting is 'easy' and the stats showed men are better at losing weight over both long and short timescales, an online portal reported. It was also revealed if men do start putting a few pounds back on after reaching their target weight, they do so more slowly and combining exercise with a healthy diet followed by walking more and cutting out fat.But the survey revealed that a plus point for women was that they tend to set more realistic weight-loss targets but they did admit they often lack the willpower to stick to their planned diet schedule, as women were also more likely to combine exercise with a healthy diet than men, with almost four in ten revealing this as their chosen weight -loss method.
Jan 5, 2015
New Delhi, Jan 05 (ANI): A new study has demonstrated that depression is a result of inflammation caused by the body's immune system. Depression does involve psychology, but it also involves equal parts of biology and physical health, a leading daily reported. According to the study, a family of proteins called cytokines sets off. Both cytokines and inflammation have been shown to rocket during depressive episodes and in people with bipolar to drop off in periods of remission. Healthy people can also be temporarily put into a depressed, anxious state when given a vaccine that causes a spike in inflammation.
Jan 5, 2015
Watch Quadrantids Meteor Shower 2015: Live Stream Information, Details on First Shooting Stars of New Year
- Senior Flipkart executives in job hunt overdrive after Binny Bansal's exit
- North Korea 'tests high-tech new weapon,' Kim Jong Un 'excited' about its power
- Taylor Swift travels inside suitcases carried by her security team, says Zayn Malik
- Cyclone Gaja LIVE updates: Rescue personnel on standby as storm set to reach TN coast by evening
- Pilots report UFO sighting off Irish coast, probe underway
- Local residents spotted UFO on same day pilots reported flying object sighting in Ireland
- NASA opens up on Oumuamua, conspiracy theorists insist on alien technology angle
- A doomsday asteroid could inevitably hit earth, predicts top British scientist
- Internet and satellite blackout expected as dangerous solar storm to hit Earth on November 18