Science & Health
Raw rice - 1/2 cup
Moong dal - 2 tbsp
Jaggery - 1 cup
Ghee - 1 tbsp
A few Cashew nuts
A few Raisins
A few Cardamom pods
Edible Camphor - tiny pinch
1. Roast Moong dal and Raw rice for a few minutes in a deep cooker pot.
2. Then, add water and let it pressure cook for about 2-3 whistles.
3. To melt jaggery - take a small pot, add quarter cup water and add the jaggery.
4. Strain the melted jaggery into the boiled dal and rice. Let it cook on medium low flame.
5. Add freshly ground cardamom and edible camphor. Turn off the stove. It will thicken and reach the right consistency as it cools down.
6. In another pan roast cashew and raisins in some ghee and add it as a garnish to the sweet pongal.
Like us on FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/HomeCookingShow
Follow us on TWITTER - https://twitter.com/VentunoCooking
Subscribe to YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/VentunoHomeCooking
A Ventuno Production : http://www.ventunotech.com
Jan 9, 2015
New Delhi, Jan 9 (ANI) : Adding one cup of blueberries to your daily diet could help reduce blood pressure and arterial stiffness, both of which are linked to cardiovascular disease.Regular consumption of blueberries could potentially delay the progression of prehypertension to hypertension, therefore reducing cardiovascular disease risk.The findings suggest that the addition of a single food, blueberries, to the diet may mitigate the negative cardiovascular effects.The study also found that addition of blueberries in diet, increased the levels of nitric oxide, a blood biomarker known to be involved in the widening of blood vessels which is very important because arterial stiffness and the narrowing of blood vessels are both part of hypertension and this rise in nitric oxide helps in reduction of blood pressure.
Jan 9, 2015
- Senior Flipkart executives in job hunt overdrive after Binny Bansal's exit
- North Korea 'tests high-tech new weapon,' Kim Jong Un 'excited' about its power
- Taylor Swift travels inside suitcases carried by her security team, says Zayn Malik
- Cyclone Gaja LIVE updates: Rescue personnel on standby as storm set to reach TN coast by evening
- Pilots report UFO sighting off Irish coast, probe underway
- A doomsday asteroid could inevitably hit earth, predicts top British scientist
- Internet and satellite blackout expected as dangerous solar storm to hit Earth on November 18
- After artificial moon, China develops artificial Sun, and it is hotter than our 'real Sun'
- NASA opens up on Oumuamua, conspiracy theorists insist on alien technology angle