Science & Health
New Delhi, 17 Nov (ANI): Experts have recently revealed that with the little extra planning and self care tips people with diabetes can keep their condition under control during the holidays.Before sitting down to a big meal, they should write down some goals and plan their plate like fill half of the plate with veggies , such as carrots, green beans or broccoli; Fill one-quarter with starches (carbs) such as sweet potatoes, mashed or baked potatoes and go easy on alcohol. People should also keep extra medication with them while travelling, which includes insulin, syringes, testing strips, insulin pump supplies, a first-aid kit etc. A diabetes educator can help people plan ahead and figure out how to make it through the holidays being healthy and happy.
Nov 17, 2014
New Delhi, 15 Nov (ANI) :A new study has demonstrated that a compound found in coffee may help prevent obesity-related disease. Chlorogenic acid, or CGA specific compound found in coffee significantly reduces insulin resistance and coffee consumption may also lower the risk for chronic diseases like Type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease. : CGA is a powerful antioxidant that helps reducing inflammation and a lot of evidence suggested that obesity-related diseases are caused by chronic inflammation, so if they could control that, they could hopefully offset some of the negative effects of excessive weight gain.
Nov 15, 2014
New Delhi, 15 Nov (ANI) : A new research has revealed that obesity plays a major role in triggering autoimmune diseases in which the immune system attacks its own body rather than predatory invaders.Obesity leads to a breakdown of the body's protective self-tolerance, creating the optimal environment for autoimmune diseases, and generates a pro-inflammatory environment which is likely to worsen the disease's progression and hinder its treatment.There is a long list of causes of autoimmune disorders which includes infections, smoking, pesticides, lack of vitamins, and so forth but now a new factor has emerged that cannot be ignored which is obesity.
Nov 15, 2014
Five Lifestyle Changes to Lower Diabetes Risk: Myths and Facts about Chronic Disease on World Diabetes Day
- Pakistani troops' barbarism at border: BSF jawan found with slit throat, eyes gouged out
- Manchester City players best in the world? Assistant coach Mikel Arteta believes so
- Congress leaders meet CAG seeking a probe into Rafale deal
- Babul Supriyo threatens to break man's legs and 'hand him a crutch' at event for differently-abled
- What is Nuclear Pasta? Strongest material in the universe could be found in dead stars
- Supervillain Lair? Hundreds of Great White Sharks congregate mid-Pacific in the winter
- Every piece of plastic in the ocean can potentially kill a turtle, finds new study
- Elon Musk shows off updated Big 'Falcon' Rocket: All you need to know
- 50,000 year-old wolf puppy found frozen in Canadian gold mine