Science & Health
New Delhi, Jan 7 (ANI): A new study has revealed that people with type 1 diabetes who intensively control their blood glucose soon after diagnosis are likely to live longer than those who do not. According to a study, there is 33 percent reduction in deaths over the past several decades among participants who had early, good control of their blood glucose.Early control of blood glucose greatly reduces any risk for early mortality in people with type 1 diabetes, usually diagnosed in children and young adults and these results also remove any lingering concern that intensive therapy may lead to increased mortality.
Jan 7, 2015
New Delhi, Jan 7 (ANI): A new study has revealed that eating whole grain foods can cut your risk of premature death by 9 percent and eating a small bowl of oatmeal may be the secret to a longer life. Whole grains may protect the heart by lowering blood sugar and insulin levels and this type of property could improve insulin resistance to lower the risk of cardiovascular disease and diabetes. The study found that the folks who ate at least 33 grams of whole grains daily equivalent to a bowl of oatmeal-cut their risk of premature death by 9 percent compared to those who barely ate whole grains at all. Weight loss and other healthy nutrients may add to the health benefits of whole grains.
Jan 7, 2015
Spicy Mushroom & Baby corn masala
Mushroom - 200 gms
Baby corn - 100 gms
A few cloves of Garlic chopped
Onion - 1 chopped
Spring onion - 1 bunch
Ginger & garlic paste - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Pepper - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Red Chilli paste - 2 tsp
Soy sauce - 1 tbsp
Szechuan red chili sauce - 2 tsp
Tomato ketchup - 1 tbsp
A few Curry leaves
A few Coriander leaves
1. Take a wide pan add oil, garlic, curry leaves, onion, spring onion & sauté the onion till transparent.
2. After that, add ginger & garlic paste, red chilli paste & mix it. Now add all the sauces one after the another soy sauce, szechuan red chili sauce, tomato ketchup, baby corn, mushroom & mix it.
3. Next add salt, turmeric powder, pepper & mix it. Add spring onion stock and save for it to add at the end.
4. Close the pan with lid for about 15 to 20 minutes, till the vegetables is cook.
5. Before turning off the stove add remaining spring onion stock & mix it.
6. Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves.
Like us on FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/HomeCookingShow
Follow us on TWITTER - https://twitter.com/VentunoCooking
Subscribe to YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/VentunoHomeCooking
A Ventuno Production : http://www.ventunotech.com
Jan 6, 2015
New Delhi, Jan 6 (ANI): Health of most adults who are considered "healthy obese" declines overtime, claims a new study.According to a study "healthy" obesity is a misleading concept and health obesity is defined as obesity with no metabolic risk factors.Core assumption of healthy obesity has been that it is stable over time, but they have now found that healthy obese adults tend to become unhealthy obese in the long-term, with about half making this transition over 20 years. Healthy obese adults were also much more likely to become unhealthy obese than healthy or unhealthy non-obese adults, indicating that healthy obesity is a high-risk state with serious implications for disease risk. Healthy obesity is only valid if it is stable over time, and the study indicated that it was often just a phase.
Jan 6, 2015
- Hormone-eating macrophages behind high blood pressure, finds new study
- Bernard b, nearest exoplanet found; Alien life possible there, say Spanish astrophysicists
- Khardung La avalanche: 4 killed, 7 trapped under snow in Ladakh
- China's Chang'e-4 sprouts cotton plant on Moon, and now its dead
- Existence of alien life is something we can never cover up, says NASA official