Science & Health
Top 10 Technology Innovations at CES 2015: Wearables, Drones, Auto Driving Cars, Food Printers and More
Raw rice - 1/2 cup
Moong dal - 2 tbsp
Jaggery - 1 cup
Ghee - 1 tbsp
A few Cashew nuts
A few Raisins
A few Cardamom pods
Edible Camphor - tiny pinch
1. Roast Moong dal and Raw rice for a few minutes in a deep cooker pot.
2. Then, add water and let it pressure cook for about 2-3 whistles.
3. To melt jaggery - take a small pot, add quarter cup water and add the jaggery.
4. Strain the melted jaggery into the boiled dal and rice. Let it cook on medium low flame.
5. Add freshly ground cardamom and edible camphor. Turn off the stove. It will thicken and reach the right consistency as it cools down.
6. In another pan roast cashew and raisins in some ghee and add it as a garnish to the sweet pongal.
Like us on FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/HomeCookingShow
Follow us on TWITTER - https://twitter.com/VentunoCooking
Subscribe to YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/VentunoHomeCooking
A Ventuno Production : http://www.ventunotech.com
Jan 9, 2015
New Delhi, Jan 9 (ANI) : Adding one cup of blueberries to your daily diet could help reduce blood pressure and arterial stiffness, both of which are linked to cardiovascular disease.Regular consumption of blueberries could potentially delay the progression of prehypertension to hypertension, therefore reducing cardiovascular disease risk.The findings suggest that the addition of a single food, blueberries, to the diet may mitigate the negative cardiovascular effects.The study also found that addition of blueberries in diet, increased the levels of nitric oxide, a blood biomarker known to be involved in the widening of blood vessels which is very important because arterial stiffness and the narrowing of blood vessels are both part of hypertension and this rise in nitric oxide helps in reduction of blood pressure.
Jan 9, 2015
2 hours ago
- What is Nuclear Pasta? Strongest material in the universe could be found in dead stars
- Elon Musk shows off updated Big 'Falcon' Rocket: All you need to know
- Captain James Cook's long-lost ship the HMS Endeavour finally found, say marine archaeologists
- Scientists develop new photon chip which could revolutionise quantum computing
- Every piece of plastic in the ocean can potentially kill a turtle, finds new study