Science & Health
Middle East Caught in Massive Sandstorm; Twitterati Share Photos with Political Humour, 'Before-After' Shots
New Delhi, Feb 11 (ANI): Munching on berries instead of sweets can help you lose weight, says a new research. The study claims that the change could make a person lose a pound a month, even if there was no physical exercise done, an online portal reported. 'Super berries' like acai and goji are already popular for their weight loss qualities, but researchers found a snack of strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and blueberries cuts down calorie intake at the next meal. Researchers estimated that people switching from an afternoon confectionery snack to mixed berries might expect to reduce their energy intake by 938 calories a week on average. According to the study crazy diets for losing weight often demand huge sacrifices, but this study showed that by compromising on one snack and replacing it with delicious berries could help shed up to a stone in a year.
Feb 11, 2015
- Cyclone Gaja LIVE updates: Rescue personnel on standby as storm set to reach TN coast by evening
- Drunk Irish passenger assaults Air India cabin crew for not serving more wine
- Twitter storm rages over US President Donald Trump's Diwali tweet
- US President Trump extols close ties to India, PM Modi; says trade deals 'moving along'
- Pilots report UFO sighting off Irish coast, probe underway
- Internet and satellite blackout expected as dangerous solar storm to hit Earth on November 18
- After artificial moon, China develops artificial Sun, and it is hotter than our 'real Sun'
- NASA opens up on Oumuamua, conspiracy theorists insist on alien technology angle
- GSLV Mk III: ISRO launches India's heaviest rocket from Sriharikota