Science & Health
New Delhi, Jan 05 (ANI): A new study has found that men are better at dieting than women, as men lose weight faster and find it easier to keep off. According to a study, a large percentage of men declare that dieting is 'easy' and the stats showed men are better at losing weight over both long and short timescales, an online portal reported. It was also revealed if men do start putting a few pounds back on after reaching their target weight, they do so more slowly and combining exercise with a healthy diet followed by walking more and cutting out fat.But the survey revealed that a plus point for women was that they tend to set more realistic weight-loss targets but they did admit they often lack the willpower to stick to their planned diet schedule, as women were also more likely to combine exercise with a healthy diet than men, with almost four in ten revealing this as their chosen weight -loss method.
Jan 5, 2015
New Delhi, Jan 05 (ANI): A new study has demonstrated that depression is a result of inflammation caused by the body's immune system. Depression does involve psychology, but it also involves equal parts of biology and physical health, a leading daily reported. According to the study, a family of proteins called cytokines sets off. Both cytokines and inflammation have been shown to rocket during depressive episodes and in people with bipolar to drop off in periods of remission. Healthy people can also be temporarily put into a depressed, anxious state when given a vaccine that causes a spike in inflammation.
Jan 5, 2015
Watch Quadrantids Meteor Shower 2015: Live Stream Information, Details on First Shooting Stars of New Year
New Delhi, Jan 02 (ANI) : According to the researchers, a body needs physical activity like taking at least 10,000 steps per day and being idle for even a few days causes damage to blood vessels, which takes time to fix, the daily reported.The study suggested that being idle for a long time can result in weight gain and insulin resistance, which leads to Type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease.Low physical activity is considered to be fewer than 5,000 steps a day, which is half the recommended amount for good health. Negative consequences could be reversed and at any stage of a disease, at any time in a person's life, they could get active and prolong their life.
Jan 2, 2015
- Yes Bank shares dip almost 34%; record-low since market debut
- Kerala nun rape case: Jalandhar Bishop Mulakkal arrested in Kochi after intense three-day questioning
- IKEA Hyderabad in big trouble after customer finds bug in chocolate cake
- Injured Jet Airways passenger threatens to upload flight video if demands aren't met
- Russia to bring back to life Woolly Mammoths, many other extinct species in Jurassic Park-styled enclosure
- Elon Musk shows off updated Big 'Falcon' Rocket: All you need to know
- ISRO's PSLV-C42 launches 2 UK satellites into space making it first ever night launch
- A robotic skin that can convert anything and everything into a robot
- Earth's spin axis is drifting- here are three reasons why as explained by NASA