Science & Health
New maps show how Mars water reservoirs might have looked billions of years ago.
Mar 5, 2015
New Delhi, March 3 (ANI): A new study has found that drinking a glass of tomato juice daily helps in reducing the weight around the waist without making any other changes to diet or lifestyle. The study explained that women who drank almost half-a-pint of tomato juice daily for eight weeks, lost nearly an inch off their waistlines, and drops the cholesterol by about 10 percent, a daily reported. According to a nutritionist tomatoes could play a key role in controlling weight gain. Even before this many studies mentioned that tomatoes carry some potential nutrients that reduces the risk of cancer, heart disease and depression.
Mar 3, 2015
New Delhi, March 3 (ANI): A new study has shed light on the beneficial effects of low-calorie diets on healthy aging The study suggested that Targeting mechanisms in the central nervous system that sense energy generated by nutrients might yield the beneficial effects of low-calorie diets on healthy aging without the need to alter food intake. The study suggested that manipulating the energy-sensing pathway could cause organisms to perceive their cells to be in a low-energy state, even if they are eating normally and energy levels are high. Drugs targeting the cells' energy-sensors by this way could potentially address age-related diseases, including cancer and neuro degeneration, and may offer an alternative to caloric restriction.
Mar 3, 2015
'Sleepy Hollow' Disorder: New Wave of Mysterious Disease Hits Kazakhstan Again, Makes People Doze Off for Days on End
Chapati Strips Vegetable stir fry
Chapati - 4
Oil - 2 tbsp
Grated Carrot - 1 cup
Green capsicum - 1/2 thinly sliced
Chopped Cabbage - 1/2 cup
Onion - 1 sliced
A few Coriander leaves
Ginger & garlic paste - 1 tsp
A few Garlic cloves thinly sliced
Salt to taste
Pepper - 1 tsp
Soy sauce - 2 tsp
Tomato ketchup - 2 tbsp
A piece of Ginger finely chopped
1. For this recipe, you can make chapati in advance or you can use leftover chapati.
2. Using kitchen scissors, cut the chapati into thin strips.
3. In a wide pan add oil, onion, garlic, ginger, green capsicum, cabbage and sauté for a few minutes.
4. Add Ginger and garlic paste, carrot and mix it. Now you can add the soy sauce, tomato ketchup, salt, pepper, chapati strips and mix it well. After 5 minutes turn off the stove.
5. Your Chapati Strips Vegetable stir fry is ready.
Like us on FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/HomeCookingShow
Follow us on TWITTER - https://twitter.com/VentunoCooking
Subscribe to YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/VentunoHomeCooking
A Ventuno Production : http://www.ventunotech.com
Mar 3, 2015
New Delhi, March 2 (ANI): A new study shows that an individual's breakfast habits play a vital role in gradually increasing the protein intake in the morning. The study found that the metabolic responses to eating a high-protein breakfast were different from breakfast skippers than to who daily have their morning meal. The researchers explained that the habitual breakfast skippers experienced poorer glucose control throughout the day when they consumed a high-protein breakfast, whereas those who typically ate a high-carbohydrate breakfast had improved glucose control after they ate a high-protein breakfast. Researchers said that habitual breakfast skippers faces increased inability to metabolize a large quantity of protein, but once they start-eating breakfast, they should gradually transit to a breakfast with more protein and will have improved glycemic control.
Mar 2, 2015
New Delhi, March 2 (ANI): A new research has found that drinking a cup of black tea can prevent type-2 diabetes in humans. According to the research black tea restrains the body from absorbing glucose sugars, excess of which causes type-2 diabetes, a daily reported. The researchers said that their findings suggested that black tea had potential for carbohydrate hydrolyzing enzyme inhibition and this activity depended on high molecular weight phenolic compounds. The researchers also mentioned that just like green tea, black tea also possesses anti diabetic activity.
Mar 2, 2015
Salman Khan Tests Negative for H1N1 Virus; Sonam Kapoor May Have Contracted it from Physical Trainer
- Senior Flipkart executives in job hunt overdrive after Binny Bansal's exit
- North Korea 'tests high-tech new weapon,' Kim Jong Un 'excited' about its power
- Taylor Swift travels inside suitcases carried by her security team, says Zayn Malik
- Cyclone Gaja LIVE updates: Rescue personnel on standby as storm set to reach TN coast by evening
- Pilots report UFO sighting off Irish coast, probe underway
- NASA opens up on Oumuamua, conspiracy theorists insist on alien technology angle
- A doomsday asteroid could inevitably hit earth, predicts top British scientist
- Internet and satellite blackout expected as dangerous solar storm to hit Earth on November 18
- After artificial moon, China develops artificial Sun, and it is hotter than our 'real Sun'