Oats - 1 cup
Onion - 1 chopped
Lemon - 1
Green chilli - 1 chopped
Chopped Ginger - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Water - 3 to 4 tsp
Oil - 4 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Urad dal - 1/2 tsp
Broken chana dal - 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
A few Curry leaves
1. Heat 3 to 4 tsp of oil in a kadai. Add mustard seeds. Once they start crackling, add urad dal, channa dal, cumin seeds & curry leaves.
2. Once they start browning, add onions, green chilli and ginger. Once the onions turn transparent, add turmeric powder.
3. Then, mix the oats into it. Add salt as per taste and squeeze the juice of one lemon. Sprinkle a little water and cook it ensuring it doesn't burn.
4. Finally add chopped coriander leaves & mix it.
Like us on FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/HomeCookingShow
Follow us on TWITTER - https://twitter.com/VentunoCooking
Subscribe to YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/VentunoHomeCooking
A Ventuno Production : http://www.ventunotech.com
Sep 23, 2014
Science & Health
All of us who have tried to cook have made mistakes at the start. Here are a few common mistakes that you should avoid:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/VentunoKitchenTips?fref=ts
Twitter - https://twitter.com/kitchentips1
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/user/VentunoKitchenTips
A Ventuno Production http://www.ventunotech.com
Sep 22, 2014
All purpose flour - 1 cup
A pinch of Salt
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Water - 1 cup
Coconut oil - 1 tsp
A little Water
Jaggery - 1 cup
Grated fresh Coconut - 1 cup
A few Cardamom pods
1. In a wide bowl add All purpose flour, salt, turmeric powder and water gradually while knead it. Once dough is ready, add coconut oil, gently rub into the dough, its gonna make it little more softer and smoother, just knead it little. Keep it aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Grind the grated fresh coconut without adding water.
3. For the filling: take a little water in a pot, and add jaggery to it and let it melt. After it melts, strain the jaggery syrup to remove impurities.
4. Add the coconut to the strained jaggery syrup. Pound some fresh cardamom and add it. Cook it till all the moisture evaporates and it reaches a thick consistency. Let it cool.
5. Take a little dough Flatten it, place some coconut filling in the center and seal it all sides. Flatten a little bit.
6. Dust enough all purpose flour, flatten it the Coconut puran poli, roll it gently, you can roll it in to medium thickness.
7. Heat a tawa and roast the coconut puran poli using ghee. The Coconut puran poli is ready to serve with ghee.
Like us on FACEBOOK - https://www
Sep 19, 2014
- Life on Mars? Iron-rich Martian rocks near lakes could have hosted life 4 billion years back
- Ghost or UFO? Video triggers controversy, MUFON probe is on
- After Loch Ness, another Bigfoot shot dead in Montana? DNA test on to find out
- SpaceX wants to build underground Boring Company tunnels in Mars for human habitation
- Triangular UFO spotted in England, Is it the secretive TR-3B or an alien spaceship?