Residents in the Bolivian city of El Alto, a chaotic sprawl high in the Andes, were surprised when heavy winds hit the city on 29 December. Local media reported that 90 houses were partially destroyed in three neighbourhoods of District Eight, due to the gale force winds.
Dec 31, 2015
Science & Health
A lorry driver and his passenger were among those rescued from their vehicles as the River Nith in Dumfries in Scotland burst its banks on 30 December, after heavy rain and gales from Storm Frank battered northern parts of the UK. Separately, 12 people were rescued from a bus that became trapped in floodwaters in nearby Ayrshire, both in southwest Scotland.
Dec 31, 2015
- US President Trump extols close ties to India, PM Modi; says trade deals 'moving along'
- US Open champion Naomi Osaka revamps her garage with 2018 Nissan GT-R Nismo
- Who was Stan Lee? Here's all about the creator of Spider-Man, Avengers and X-Men
- About 2,400 Indians, mostly from Punjab, detained in US jail for illegal immigration
- Approaching dark matter hurricane will collide with earth, predict scientists
- Researcher issues massive earthquake alert ahead of rare planetary alignment
- Pilots report UFO sighting off Irish coast, probe underway
- After Harvard scientists, Ancient Aliens star reveals Oumuamua could be both asteroid and alien ship
- People will require more food due to increase in height: Study