Science & Health
The United Nations said on Wednesday (25 November) that 2015 is set to be the warmest year on record, and 2016 could be hotter, warning that inaction on climate change could see temperatures rise by 6C or more.
Nov 25, 2015
Lying 4700 meters above sea level on the Tibetan plateau is Namsto Lake. It is held as holy by the regions Tibetan population and every year thousands of pilgrims walk around its shores. As one of the largest lakes on the plateau, Namsto is fed partly by run off from the regions glaciers, which also acts as a store of water for the surrounding grasslands, experts have said.
Nov 25, 2015
Humanoid robots that can gauge your mood were among the highlights of the World Robot Exhibition in Beijing on Tuesday (24 November). The exhibition is a part of the three-day World Robot Conference, which also includes a forum and a robot contest for elementary school and junior high school teams. It is the first time for China to host such an event.
Nov 24, 2015
- Bishop Mulakkal taken for reconstruction of crime scene
- Mann Kaur: 102-year-old 'miracle' woman throws mean javelin, eyes more athletics medals
- Indian govt develops own game app in bid to counter rising cyber crimes against children
- TN actor and MLA Karunas arrested for controversial remarks on CM Palaniswami, deputy Panneerselvam
- Russia doesn't want a 'second fiddle role' in joint lunar orbit space station project with US
- NASA sent a balloon into space over North Pole - this is what they found
- Astronomers find Spock's home planet Vulcan?
- Aggressive octopuses were given Ecstasy and they started behaving very human-like
- Is global warming making tropical storms such as Florence more devastating?