Science & Health
Hundreds of thousands of people were evacuated from the central Philippines on 14 December as Typhoon Melor made landfall with winds of up to 95mph, dumping heavy rain that could cause flooding, landslides and storm surges, authorities warned. About 40 domestic flights were grounded, while 73 ferries and hundreds of fishing boats were ordered to remain in port as Melor hit the village of Batag on the northern tip of Samar island.
Dec 14, 2015
Japanese researchers conducted an earthquake simulation on a 10-storey concrete structure on 11 December, with the aim of improving earthquake management strategies. At 27.45m high, it is the tallest concrete building ever to be tested in an earthquake simulation.
Dec 11, 2015
- Delhi police release images of 2 suspected JeM terrorists; national capital on high alert
- US national killed in Andaman Islands for illegally entering Sentinelese tribe area
- Stan Lee's POW! Entertainment responds to Bill Maher's 'disgusting' comments on author's death
- Who is Krishna Kumari Kohli? Pakistan's Hindu lawmaker makes it to BBC's 100 women of 2018 list
- Two gigantic asteroids heading towards earth, will have close approach today, warns NASA
- Asteroid warning: Three effective ways to protect earth from an apocalyptic space body hit
- Attention Elon Musk: Top science commentator Bill Nye says humans will never colonise Mars
- From NASA's study report to metallic cannonball: Five crucial signs that alien life once existed on Mars
- Scientists discover identical solar sibling of Sun, could be a potential candidate to search for alien life