Humanoid robots that can gauge your mood were among the highlights of the World Robot Exhibition in Beijing on Tuesday (24 November). The exhibition is a part of the three-day World Robot Conference, which also includes a forum and a robot contest for elementary school and junior high school teams. It is the first time for China to host such an event.
Nov 24, 2015
Science & Health
A Scottish company has developed a commercial scale method of producing biofuel capable of fuelling cars from the unwanted residue of the whisky fermentation process. Edinburgh-based Celtic Renewables developed its process of producing biobutanol at industrial scale in Belgium and was recently awarded a Â£11m ($16.7m) grant by the British government to build a bespoke facility of its own in central Scotland.
Nov 23, 2015
29 minutes ago
- What is Nuclear Pasta? Strongest material in the universe could be found in dead stars
- Elon Musk shows off updated Big 'Falcon' Rocket: All you need to know
- Captain James Cook's long-lost ship the HMS Endeavour finally found, say marine archaeologists
- Scientists develop new photon chip which could revolutionise quantum computing
- Every piece of plastic in the ocean can potentially kill a turtle, finds new study