Science & Health
New Delhi is dealing with serious levels of smog this winter, especially since Diwali celebrations on 30 October. The official data shows that the haze that has covered the Indian capital in the past one week is the worst in nearly 20 years. It has forced the city government to go for several desperate measures, including shutting down schools for three days. It is also considering bringing back the odd-even car rationing scheme in an attempt to bring down the pollution levels.
Nov 8, 2016
Hundreds of snowballs ranging from the size of a tennis ball to over a metre wide appeared on Russian beaches last week (3 November). Excited residents posted videos on social media of the rare phenomenon.
Nov 7, 2016
- What COVID-19 patients see before death; ICU doctor simulates last moments [Watch]
- Bird flu hits UK amid rising coronavirus positive cases; infected birds to be culled
- Mysterious monolith discovered in Utah Desert, sparks alien debate
- New frog species to be named after Bengaluru city; here's why
- Life-saving machine could improve survival chances of severe COVID patients