A dashcam in eastern Chonburi province, Thailand, captured a green fireball, believed to be a burning meteor, shoot across the night sky on Monday night (2 November), an incident reportedly seen across wide areas of Thailands sky.
Nov 3, 2015
Science & Health
Mexicos Colima or Fire volcano erupted once again on Sunday (1 November), as its period of activity rolls on. There were five explosions from between 8.00am and 11.48am local time. Ash emanating from the volcano reached as high as 1,500 metres into the sky.
Nov 2, 2015
Mexicos Popocatepetl volcano erupted on Thursday (29 October), belching ash and smoke across blue skies, authorities reported. A spectacular column of ash erupted from the volcano at 8.57am local time. The volcano is located 50 miles southeast of the capital, Mexico City.
Oct 30, 2015
Chiles Atacama Desert has turned into a mauve-coloured carpet of flowers following a downpour of rain from the countrys north that has seen the normally arid region turn to a psychedelic wonderland of shades of purple. This phenomenon takes place every five to seven years but this is the most spectacular blossoming the region has seen in the past 18 years.
Oct 29, 2015
- North India rains: Himachal Pradesh receives 665% more downpour than usual
- Supreme Court verdict: Parliament to decide if netas facing criminal trials can contest elections
- Luka Modric wins Best FIFA Men's Player of the Year; Brazil's Marta wins the women's award
- Markets crash over liquidity fears; Sensex, Nifty down nearly 1.5%
- Did Big Bang actually happen? Astronomers ponder new way to find out once and for all
- Japan's Hayabusa 2 reaches Ryugu; sends back amazing pictures of the distant asteroid
- Astronomers find Spock's home planet Vulcan?
- Where did Mars' two moons come from? Astronomers might finally have the answer
- Women with PCOS are up to seven times more prone to heart attacks