An unmanned Chinese cargo ship has successfully docked with the orbiting space lab Tiangong-2. Tianzhou-1 is 10 metres in length and is said to carry 6.5 tonnes of supplies.This would mean it is able to carry double that of rival cargo ships, claims China. The craft raises China’s hopes for its first manned space station by 2022.After removing waste from the space lab it will burn up when re-entering Earth’s atmosphere.
Apr 22, 2017
Science & Health
Around the world, 500 Marches for Science are planned this International Earth Day. Several thousand protesters in Sydney kicked off the demonstrations.March for Science wants to highlight the importance of public investment in science. The protests are partially a reaction to U.S. President Donald Trump’s denial of climate change.International Earth Day commemorates the birth of the environmental movement in 1970.
Apr 22, 2017
MCD Elections 2017: Delhi BJP prepares to send Kejriwal to Bengaluru for treatment over his comments
For the first time, scientists have observed an accretion disk – also referred to as a dusty hamburger – around a young star. An accretion disk is formed by diffused material in orbital motion around a central body that is typically a star. Gravity then causes material in the disk to spiral inward towards the central body. Here, they explain how this disk feeds the central young star during the onset of an extra-solar system.
Apr 21, 2017
- Asteroid Apophis will unleash chaos on Earth on this day and in this place, conspiracy theorist predicts
- Why women dining after 6 pm risk heart disease? Study reveals
- Japan's asteroid probe heading back to earth, could hold keys of solar system formation
- How Artificial Intelligence is going to monitor patients' mental health
- SpaceX launches 60 'Starlink' satellites for cheaper global Internet