Science & Health
Will NASA's IXPE mission uncover the secrets of Sagittarius A*, the demon at the centre of our galaxy?
The long-term circulation of heat in the Atlantic Ocean is at risk if the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere were to double, a new study finds. The new modelling study predicts that centuries of doubled atmospheric CO2 could cause the collapse of a major Atlantic current, producing dramatically different effects than previous models have anticipated.
Jan 5, 2017
Changes in the way ocean temperatures were measured in the late 20th Century made it look as though the oceans were getting cooler, but now independent data have confirmed that this hiatus in global warming never actually happened.
Jan 5, 2017
22 hours ago
- Pilots report UFO sighting off Irish coast, probe underway
- Space to witness ice age due to dropping sunspot activity, warns NASA
- NASA opens up on Oumuamua, conspiracy theorists insist on alien technology angle
- Local residents spotted UFO on same day pilots reported flying object sighting in Ireland
- Internet and satellite blackout expected as dangerous solar storm to hit Earth on November 18