Science & Health
The great antimatter mystery solved?: Are scientists closer to discovering the secrets of antimatter?
A jet stream within the Earths molten iron core has been discovered by scientists using the latest satellite data that helps create an X-ray view of the planet. Because of the cores location under 3,000 kilometres of rock, for many years scientists have studied the Earths core by measuring the planets magnetic field – one of the few options available.The first clip shows the evolution of the magnetic field at the edge of the Earths core from 1999-2016, with the second showing changes in magnetic field at the edge of the Earths core 1590-1990.
Dec 19, 2016
- Senior Flipkart executives in job hunt overdrive after Binny Bansal's exit
- North Korea 'tests high-tech new weapon,' Kim Jong Un 'excited' about its power
- Taylor Swift travels inside suitcases carried by her security team, says Zayn Malik
- Cyclone Gaja LIVE updates: Rescue personnel on standby as storm set to reach TN coast by evening
- Pilots report UFO sighting off Irish coast, probe underway
- NASA opens up on Oumuamua, conspiracy theorists insist on alien technology angle
- A doomsday asteroid could inevitably hit earth, predicts top British scientist
- Internet and satellite blackout expected as dangerous solar storm to hit Earth on November 18
- After artificial moon, China develops artificial Sun, and it is hotter than our 'real Sun'