Science & Health
New Delhi is dealing with serious levels of smog this winter, especially since Diwali celebrations on 30 October. The official data shows that the haze that has covered the Indian capital in the past one week is the worst in nearly 20 years. It has forced the city government to go for several desperate measures, including shutting down schools for three days. It is also considering bringing back the odd-even car rationing scheme in an attempt to bring down the pollution levels.
Nov 8, 2016
Hundreds of snowballs ranging from the size of a tennis ball to over a metre wide appeared on Russian beaches last week (3 November). Excited residents posted videos on social media of the rare phenomenon.
Nov 7, 2016
Kerala nun rape case: Jalandhar Bishop Mulakkal arrested in Kochi after intense three-day questioning18 minutes ago
- Russia to bring back to life Woolly Mammoths, many other extinct species in Jurassic Park-styled enclosure
- Elon Musk shows off updated Big 'Falcon' Rocket: All you need to know
- A robotic skin that can convert anything and everything into a robot
- ISRO's PSLV-C42 launches 2 UK satellites into space making it first ever night launch
- Earth's spin axis is drifting- here are three reasons why as explained by NASA