Science & Health
Kerala: Muslim parents deny breastfeeding to newborn without hearing 5 prayer calls from mosque; memes go viral
Incredible images showing the pillars of destruction have been released by the European Southern Observatory (ESO). Huge towers of gas and dust within the Carina Nebula are being studied to better understand star formation – and analysis of the images shows how the stars appear to be destroying their creators. Scientists used the Muse instrument on the ESOs Very Large Telescope to take thousands of images of the Carina Nebula, located 7,500 light years away.
Nov 2, 2016
In the absence of RNA – or protein-based replication machinery – it is possible for RNA to replicate in a non-enzymatic, template-directed manner. In this animation, the nascent RNA strand is formed from activated nucleotides by Watson-Crick base pairing.
Nov 2, 2016
There was a 30% decline in African savanna elephants from 2007 and 2014. Forest elephants suffered a 65% decline between 2002 and 2013. Poaching is the main threat to African elephants today. Despite an international ban on ivory in 1989, conservationists say we entered a second poaching crisis in 2009 as many Asian economies have grown – thus increasing the demand for ivory.
Nov 1, 2016
5 minutes ago
- TN actor and MLA Karunas arrested for controversial remarks on CM Palaniswami, deputy Panneerselvam
- Rajasthan elections 2018: Jaswant Singh's son Manvendra quits BJP; says 'choosing the lotus was a mistake'
- Pakistan PM Imran Khan decries 'arrogant' India for cancelling foreign ministers' meet
- Bitcoin scam: ED attaches Rs 42.88 crore worth properties owned by Amit Bhardwaj
- NASA sent a balloon into space over North Pole - this is what they found
- New blood test can detect autism risk for pregnant mothers
- In a first, US researchers discover new genetic disorder in human patient
- Russia to bring back to life Woolly Mammoths, many other extinct species in Jurassic Park-styled enclosure
- Doctor gives new lease of life to woman, treats rare eye deformity in Delhi hospital