Science & Health
The MEL Chemistry boxes let you experiment with simple chemical reactions.The sets are meant to excite children about chemistry.Using a pile of sugar and baking soda, children can create a burning sugar snake.Having mixed baking soda (NaHCO3 ) and sugar to a ratio of 4:1, the powder can then be set alight using solid fuel.The snake starts to grow and, in some cases, can get up to 50cm long.
Nov 28, 2016
In 2015, a 225-square-mile iceberg broke off of the Pine Island Glacier in Antarctica, and researchers at The Ohio State University have discovered that the event was no ordinary breakup. The culprit: a deep subsurface rift that cracked through the ice nearly 20 miles inland – a sign that the largest ice reserve in the world may be melting sooner rather than later.
Nov 28, 2016
One Nation leader and right-wing populist Pauline Hanson has been slammed by conservationists for taking media to a healthy section of Queensland’s Great Barrier Reef, while denying the effects of climate change.
Nov 27, 2016
35 minutes ago
- Walmart raises equity holding in Flipkart to 81% after leadership upheaval
- Is anyone a 'bibliobibuli' especially these days? Shashi Tharoor asks on Twitter
- Delhi police release images of 2 suspected JeM terrorists; national capital on high alert
- US national killed in Andaman Islands for illegally entering Sentinelese tribe area
- Two gigantic asteroids heading towards earth, will have close approach today, warns NASA
- Asteroid warning: Three effective ways to protect earth from an apocalyptic space body hit
- Attention Elon Musk: Top science commentator Bill Nye says humans will never colonise Mars
- From NASA's study report to metallic cannonball: Five crucial signs that alien life once existed on Mars
- Scientists discover identical solar sibling of Sun, could be a potential candidate to search for alien life